Okay, a lot of people who play Divabetic’s new food game, ‘Serve Taste or Trash’ say they hate eggplant. Kids, particularly, seem hard pressed to even try it. Maybe it’s the name. I don’t think the inclusion of “egg” does it any favors, especially where kids are concerned. Or maybe it’s be the spongy texture of eggplant when it’s uncooked. It can also turn into a soggy mess if it’s not cooked correctly.
The happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic wants to help you overcome aversions to fruits and vegetables you think you don’t like, and even learn to love them with his new food game, Serve, Taste or Trash. You might be amazed to learn that there are a lot of people in the world who actually love the food you hate including eggplant (!) who are willing to share their favorite recipes with Divabetic so you might be tempted to give it another try.
If you’re one of the people in the universe who is willing to ‘trash’ eggplant – here’s a sure-fire recipe that may prove the exception for those who don’t like eggplant!!!
Eggplant Sunset Salad
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 4 Large cloves garlic
- 1 Serrano pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 ounces B.E. Wholegrain liquid
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Peel and cut eggplant into thick slices.
- Sprinkle with salt on both sides and place in a single layer in a colander.
- Place a bowl on top (as a weight) and allow to drain the excess liquid that develops for an hour.
- While eggplant is draining, mince garlic and pepper. Mix with 2 tablespoons Sea Salt, lemn juice and B.E. Wholegrain liquid. Set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over med/high heat. Fry eggplant until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and place the slices on a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, but not cold, cut slices into cubes and put into a bowl with dressing made above. Toss and allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Mr. Divabetic is the happy host of Diva TalkRadio, a free online and mobile podcast channel, where tens of thousands of fans, followers and listeners turn to laugh a little and learn a lot.
LISTEN NOW: Free Diabetes Podcast Inspired by Katy Perry http://www.blogtalkradio.com/divatalkradio1/2012/07/10/diabetes-roundtable-inspired-by-katy-perry
Meet Mr. Divabetic on the red tomato carpet at Divabetic – Makeover Your Diabetes outreach event in Philadelphia, PA, the American Diabetes Association’s Feria de Salud and Fashion’s Night Out in New York, NY, Central Farm Market in Washington, DC, the American Diabetes Association’s Diabetes Expo in Pittsburgh, PA and the Taking Control Of Your Diabetes Conferences & Health Fairs in San Diego, CA and Austin, TX in 2012. Watch more of Mr Divabetic‘s videos, enjoy over 75 free diabetes podcasts and get expert advice on diabetes and diabetes self-care at: http://www.divabetic.org
Original music by Douglas Clay: http://www.douglasclaymusic.com