Adele’s Updo Hairstyle
The hottest beauty trend to emerge from the Golden Globes a week later seems to be British Singer, Adele’s updo hairstyle. What? This news is surprising because a week ago I put Adele — Globe winner for her Skyfall theme song — firmly on my ‘Worst Dressed’ List. I think she was dressed rather ‘frumpy’ for a Rock n’ Roll goddess. If she’s ’21’ or thereabouts why is she dressing like she’s ’91’ or Betty White? Adele’s matronly look was compliments of Burberry, Van Cleef and Arpel jewels and Miu Miu shoes. Her makeup and hair were created by Michael Ashton for Michael Ashton Beauty.
Can you image Madonna wearing Adele’s ‘Knot Landing’ cocktail dress or hairstyle back in her “Material Girl” heyday? I sincerely doubt it. But judging from my twitter and facebook messages I am in the minority.
“Adele’s big hair matches her big voice,” declares Joico Int’l Creative Director Damien Carney. “It’s large and strong and evokes a modern ‘60s feeling.”
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Apply two drops of Joico Smooth Cure Leave-In Rescue to damp hair, comb through and blow dry with a large round brush.
2. Set hair with heated rollers to create volume and body. Remove rollers and brush through thoroughly.
3. Isolate the front hairline and clip away.
4. Mist the remaining hair with Joico JoiShape Shaping and Finishing Spray. Once the spray dries, brush through—the spray will make it easier to control and construct the shape.
5. Divide the hair into two sections, front and back. Beginning at the crown, backcomb large, horizontal sections at the scalp. Continue backcombing, switching to vertical sections at the sides and finishing in the front.
6. Without disturbing the volume, lightly smooth and gather the hair away from the face.
Adele sported an intricate interwoven bun that looks particularly good with blond or gray hair because you can see it. From the front she kept it clean and classic with a bit of a ’60s vibe.
Watch News Yorkers try to identify the healthiest treat from three Serve, Taste or Trash! Food Game choices bought at a convenience store. You might be surprised by the results.
Diabetes & Exercise? What real women living with diabetes have to say about blood sugars, marathons and motivation with Mr. Divabetic
TUNE IN: Free to Diabetes Roundtable podcast Inspired by Rihanna with guests: Neva White DNP, CRNP, CDE, Connie Frazier RD, CDE, Patricia Addie-Gentle RN, CDE, author Elsie Spruill, poet Lorraine Brooks, hairstylist and makeup artist Charlene Wilson, Mama Rose Marie and Allison from Jersey City, NJ living with diabetes http://www.blogtalkradio.com/divatalkradio1/2013/01/08/diabetes-roundtable-inspired-by-rihanna
’Movie Girl Workouts’ with Mr. Divabetic and fitness expert, Katherine Adamenko
Experience Mr. Divabetic’s wellness with a wow programming in Tucson, AZ, Santa Clara, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Savannah, GA and Bethesda, MD in 2013. Get more details at www.divabetic.org